Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

What I've done so far

Hello everybody, and welcome to my blog. For my blog I will be going to  build a motorized bike. This past summer I started it and made good progress but didn't finish and since there is still a lot of work to do to get it done, I will be blogging about the rest of the build. So far I took a small bike, cut the frame, extended it using a front fork from another bike in order to make a spot to mount the engine I have selected to use. I also have beefed up many of the other frame components making it much more rigid in order to support the weight of a heavier than intended rider, and the motor/torque and chain drive. So most of the framework is pretty much done, there are still a few things like the seat that have to be custom fabricated, but other than that it will be sanding, painting and working out the drive system, clutching, braking and fuel delivery. Some pictures of how far I am will soon be up.

3 comments:

  1. So you are taking a regular bicycle and making it motorized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are a heavier than intended rider. good add! :P

    ReplyDelete